See also: bazza
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia) A diminutive of the male given name Barry.
- 2007, Jim Potts, Glitter, page 114:
- “Barry, you've been on the Coast too long. Tomorrow morning I'm going to organize a job for you elsewhere. I'd start packing if I were you.”
- However, Bazza wasn't put off that easily.
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia) A diminutive of the male given name Basil.
- 2001, Kerryn Higgs, All That False Instruction, page 181:
- ‘I′m standing at me own door, Bazza. Nothing illegal in that, is there?’
- ‘Do you want a lift, Basil?’ I asked him.