- A midland county of England, county town Bedford, bounded by Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
- (Britain, slang) Bed.
- 1993, Tom Wakefield, War Paint:
- I'll be up to Bedfordshire if you two don't mind. I'm on early shift in the morning so I'll have to be up and out by five.
- 1998, Mary Sheepshanks, A Price for Everything:
- Now come along young lady, up to Bedfordshire.
The slang sense is used only for bed in its uncountable sense of a place to sleep, never to refer to an individual piece of furniture.