Bible basher (plural Bible bashers)
- (pejorative) A fundamentalist Christian preacher, who is seen to take every opportunity to talk about Christianity and attempt to convert those around them.
1969, April Hersey, Hooked on God : the Wayside Chapel experiment, Melbourne: Sun Books, LCCN 70508416, LCC BV2656.S9 W35, page 106:
- I was a real Bible basher. I used to rush round asking people if they were saved.
2008, Ian Commins, Fiveways, Queensland: University of Queensland Press, ISBN 9780702240720, page 73:
- There is a skinny old bible basher who is always out gathering souls, regardless of the weather.
- I don't ever go to my local church any more: it's become filled with stupid, fuddy-duddy bible bashers.
- (US) A person who finds fault with the Bible, Christianity, or Christian teaching.
- 2002, Everett Hickey, Biblical in alt.astronomy 
- I'm no bible-basher looking to discredit everything I hear, but there is one point that might be interesting to argue...If the bible is the Word of God, which version or language is the official Word, as the meanings change subtley[sic] from one to another?
- 2003, Jeff Shirton, Conference... in alt.religion.mormon 
- There *are* no "Biblical contradictions". Years ago, I...addressed many, many, many alleged "contradictions". It's a very sad state of affairs, most Bible bashers who claim "contradictions" prefer quantity over quality, and no matter how many *ridiculous* claims they came up with and I demolished, they would continue with others...
- 2006, veralein, How to protect yourself against false Christian teachers in alt.christnet.christianlife 
- I think you are just a Bible basher for what reasons ever. Maybe you are just an atheist who has pleasure in trolling Christians and recruiting them.
- While the second sense is used chiefly in the US, the first sense is also current used in the US (in context). See talk page.
- This term is a contranym (its own antonym), since the senses are negations of one another.
fundamentalist Christian preacher