- The dialect of English spoken in Chicago.
Chicagoese pl (plural only)
- The people of Chicago; Chicagoans.
- 1881, Edwin Hodder, Cities of the world, page 318:
- […] for even the undaunted faith and energy of the Chicagoese cannot greatly accelerate the processes of nature in making' trees, or robing their trunks with moss.
- 1893 July 23, The Mayor of Chicago and his Island, in the Journal of the American Medicla Association, page 186:
- The danger to the water supply is from that open sewer which the Chicagoese call the Chicago river.