Flying Spaghetti Monster
- (humorous) A deity consisting of spaghetti and meatballs, the creator of the universe according to the parody religion Pastafarianism.
- 2005 January, Henderson, Bobby, “Open Letter To Kansas School Board”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
- 2006 May 24, Huberman, Jack, “#75: Kansas State Board of Education”, in 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America, Nation Books, →ISBN, LCCN 2007271768, LCC P95.82.U6 H83 2006, page 76:
- And now, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is demanding equal teaching time for its theory that the world was created by an FSM.
- 2006 September 18, Dawkins, Richard, “The God Hypothesis”, in The God Delusion, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, →ISBN, LCCN 2006015506, LCC BL2775.3.D39 2006, page 76:
- A popular deity on the Internet at present — and as undisprovable as Yahweh or any other — is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who, many claim, has touched them with his noodly appendage.
- 2009 October, Berkun, Scott, “How to work a tough room”, in Confessions of a Public Speaker, 1st edition, Sebastapol: O'Reilly, →ISBN, LCCN 2010291451, LCC PN4129.15.B47 2010, page 51:
- All rooms, no matter how tough, have someone who hates you the least. Even if you're a Flying Spaghetti Monster disciple speaking at the Vatican, someone in that room will hate you less than everyone else.