- Full of humor or arousing laughter; funny.
- The waiters were so humorous - one even did a backflip for us, when we asked him.
- Showing humor; witty, jocular.
- (obsolete) Damp or watery.
- (obsolete) Dependent on or caused by one's humour or mood; capricious, whimsical.
- 1603, John Florio, transl.; Michel de Montaigne, “Of the affection of fathers to their children”, in The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: […] Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821, page 212:
- It is a melancholy humor […] that firſt put this humorous conceipt [transl. resverie] of writing into my head.
- (arousing laughter): amusing, funny
- (witty): amusing, jocular, witty
- See also Thesaurus:funny
- See also Thesaurus:witty
full of humor or arousing laughter; funny