- (organic chemistry) 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, a synthetic entactogen of the methylenedioxyphenethylamine family.
- 2011, Mark A.R. Kleiman et al., Drugs and Drug Policy, Oxford University Press, →ISBN:
- A bit of folk wisdom from early cohorts of MDMA users advised against getting married within six weeks of one's first MDMA experience.
- 2021 May 3, Rachel Nuwer, “A Psychedelic Drug Passes a Big Test for PTSD Treatment”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- In an important step toward medical approval, MDMA, the illegal drug popularly known as Ecstasy or Molly, was shown to bring relief to those suffering from severe post-traumatic stress disorder when paired with talk therapy.