From Malecite-Passamaquoddy word for bad little falls, for a location on the Machias River.
- A river in Maine, United States. Ellipsis of .
- An inlet in Washington, Maine, United States, a bay on the Gulf of Maine. Named after the river, which empties into the bay. Ellipsis of .
- An island in Grand Manan archipelago, Atlantic Ocean. Ellipsis of .
- A town, the county seat of Washington County, Maine, United States.
- A town and census-designated place therein, in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States; named after the river in Maine, where the settlers originated.
- A census-designated place in Snohomish County, Washington, United States; named after the town in Maine, where the founder originated.