- (slang) McDonald's (the chain of fast food restaurants).
- 2001, Susan Jane Gilman, Kiss My Tiara: How to Rule the World as a SmartMouth Goddess, page 42:
- For those five days each month when we've been hormonally hijacked, there are women's health clinics to be defended, underpaid amigas at Mickey D's to be organized, and redwood trees to be protected.
- 2003, JoAnn Ross, Magnolia Moon, page 121:
- He looked around. This place wasn't exactly Mickey D's, but it was sure a lot better than some of the places he'd been eating in lately.
- 2004, Mariane Pearl, A Mighty Heart: The Inside Story of the Al Qaeda Kidnapping of Danny Pearl, page 97:
- What would I tell him, “Sorry, darling, I was at Mickey D's”?
- 2005, Tananarive Due, Joplin's Ghost:
- "Hey, listen here, ya'll," Serena said, "I don't know if big is beautiful, but Mickey D's fries and Dunkin' Donuts are damn masterpieces. They're straight-up works of art. O-kayyyy?"
- 2005, John Connolly, The Black Angel: A Thriller, page 24:
- "This like Mickey D's. It's all about the dollar." "I can pay you," said the old woman. She raised a pathetic handful of ragged bills.