See also: penn
- As an English surname, named after various places such as Penn in Buckinghamshire or Staffordshire, of Brythonic origin, from Proto-Brythonic *penn (“(hill) top, head”).
- Also as an English surname, from the noun pen (“enclosure”).
- Also as an English surname, spelling variant of Parnell.
- As a German surname, from Sorbian pien (“tree stump”), from Proto-Slavic *pьňь.
- Rhymes: -ɛn
- A surname.
- A village in Chiltern district, Buckinghamshire, England.
- (informal) University of Pennsylvania
- (University of Pennsylvania): UPenn
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Penn is the 1,849th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 19,409 individuals. Penn is most common among White (50.56%) and Black (38.50%) individuals.