Stepford (not comparable)
- Docile, unthinking and conformist.
- A boring Stepford wife, Molly thought. For a moment it seemed to her that she was once more in prison, eating the tasteless food, hearing the click of locks, lying awake for sleepless night after sleepless night.
- 2008, Karin Tabke, Have Yourself a Naughty Little Santa, page 150:
- So, when in a dorky Christmas town with Stepford people and themed shops, do as they do. Smile and act like you gave two shits about the person next to you.
- 2011 July 18, Matt Culkin, “The 16 Most Hilariously Dishonest Old School Advertisements”, Cracked.com:
- Were the Nazis trying to infiltrate the U.S. Navy with an army of gonorrhea-infected Stepford clones?
- Attractive but lacking any character.
- OED 2004