Forms with the definite article
This template is for Irish feminine nouns of the fifth declension.
The four positional parameters are obligatory; the named parameters are optional.
- Parameter 1 is the initial letter of the word (case-sensitive); if the first letter is s, then the first two letters of the word should be listed here.
- Parameter 2 is the nominative singular form of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s)
- Parameter 3 is the genitive singular form of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s)
- Parameter 4 is the plural of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s)
genpl=is the genitive plural of the noun, omitting the initial letter(s), if this is different from parameter 4 (i.e. in the case of a weak plural)
dat=should be followed by the complete dative singular form, omitting the initial letter(s) (if the noun has a distinct dative singular), or be omitted (if the noun has a dative singular identical in form to the nominative singular)
datoc=marks the circumstances under which the distinctive dative form occurs; it must be set to one of the following:
aif it occurs only in archaic and dialectal texts and not in the standard language at all
pif it occurs in the standard language only in certain phrases
sif it occurs in the standard language under all or almost all circumstances
For uimhir, genitive uimhreach, plural uimhreacha, type:
For stiúir, genitive stiúrach, plural stiúracha, type:
For caora, genitive caorach, weak plural caoirigh, genitive plural caorach, type:
- Template:ga-decl-f5-nopl (for nouns without a plural)