- Title of a person who holds the office of President of Ireland.
- The head of state of Ireland; the Irish president.
- As a title, the word should always be capitalised.
- As a term for the political office, the word is sometimes found in lower case.
- President (used as a title for the head of state of a republic)
Forms with the definite article:
Without further specification, an tUachtarán is usually interpreted to mean the President of Ireland, but the title applies to other presidents as well, e.g. an tUachtarán Obama, an tUachtarán Hollande, etc.
|Radical||Eclipsis||with h-prothesis||with t-prothesis|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.