|Search user languages or scripts|
I'm mostly interested in shared vocabulary between Arabic, Persian and all Turkish varieties (so called Turkic), as such, I'm more interested in etymology than anything else.
My main languages/language families of interest are in order:
- Ottoman Turkish (probably the most eloquent and versatile language, in my opinion) and by extension but to a significantly lesser degree, Turkish.
- Arabic (only Standard Arabic and not the various vulgar dialects which I do not consider to be languages)
- Persian (particularly Classical Persian)
Of less interest to me are:
- North Semitic Languages, particularly Classical Syriac, Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic.
I am a Software Engineer by trade.
I graduated with an MSc. Advanced Software Technology from Swansea University in 2020 and a BSc. Software Engineering from Swansea University in 2019.
You can read my CV on my personal website: basshelal.dev
- TODOs: TODOs for Ottoman Turkish
- Excellent Pages: these are pages of high quality from which one can use as a template or inspiration for editing or creating pages
- Resources: resources one can use to learn Ottoman Turkish, such as dictionaries or books, most will be in Ottoman Turkish
- TODOs: TODOs for Arabic
These pages are no longer maintained and will probably be deleted