paró’kṣakāmā hí devā́ḥ
- "The Gods love the mysterious"
— Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
- My contributions and some cool stats.
- The languages I work with are displayed in the box above.
- Over 95% of my work at wiki are at English Wiktionary; the following are my contributions to other wikis:
Languages and scriptsEdit
- I am proficient in English and Hindustani (Hindi/Urdu).
- I speak Standard Hindi and the Deccani dialect (specifically, the Goan variety of the Deccani dialect of Hindustani).
- I was born to Karnatakan parents who moved to the neighbouring state of Goa before I was born. Consequently, I grew up speaking Kannada at home and Konkani everywhere else. I can comprehend all dialects of Kannada but am most comfortable in:
- Bangalore Kannada
- Konkani is my second mother tongue and I can understand and speak Marathi too though not as fluently as Konkani.
- I took French in 8th grade & learnt it for 3 years but my knowledge of spoken French is very, very basic and very, very limited.
Growing up in Goa meant that I would not be educated in Kannada, so I had to teach myself the Kannada script in my teenage years. Excepting the Latin and the Devanagari scripts, all scripts I can read were taught to me by myself.
- I am most comfortable in the Latin alphabet and I can read and write the Devanagri script quite easily as well.
- While dealing with the transliterations on the internet, specifically on wiktionary, I taught myself to read the Cyrillic, Arabic and Greek scripts.
- 7 October, 2016: Sanskrit नाश (nāśa). ; made as an IP, it gave the etymology for
- 5 January, 2017: Sanskrit उग्र (ugra). :
- 8 May, 2017: After months of editing as an anonymous IP, I registered an account. My username was माधवपंडित.
- 2 June, 2017: I was made an autopatroller.
- 19 June, 2018: After editing for more than a year as माधवपंडित, I changed my moniker to Bhagadatta; the account was the same, the username changed.
- 26 January, 2021: I was made an administrator.
- User:Bhagadatta/Indo-Iranian Vocabulary Innovations : A list of words reconstructible for Proto-Indo-Iranian but not for Proto-Indo-European. These words weren't discovered by me but are rather compiled into a single page from lots of sources, so that if any person in the future, for whatever reason, wishes to learn some words that were unique to PII, they won't have to consult multiple sources as I had to.
- User:Bhagadatta/Rigveda in Proto-Indo-Aryan and Proto-Indo-Iranian : Selected verses of the Rig Veda translated into Proto-Indo-Aryan and Proto-Indo-Iranian.