|Ray Saintonge (Eclecticology) passed away on September 12, 2016.|
I live in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area, and enjoy learning about all sorts of new things. Words are only one of my many fascinations.
I believe that Wiktionary provides some amazing challenges for doing dictionaries differently, and I'm thrilled to have jumped in on the project´s first day.
Things that I've worked on
- How Chinese characters can best be represented in a Latin context;
- Tracking, integrating and adapting the Webster 1913 material to suit our purposes;
- Developing consistent formats for our articles;
- Putting the titles of various attempts at interlanguage indexing into a common format;
- Adding strange words and their etymologies as I find them.