|Search user languages or scripts|
Finnish language learning references and exercisesEdit
- Uusi kielemme - Finnish for busy people by Inge Holsteyn - A thorough reference on word morphology and sentence structure. This is the first place that I go when I need something grammatical explained (which is all the time).
- Tavataan taas! at the University of Helsinki Language Centre. Good audio exercises.
- Finnish Grammar by Kimberli Mäkäräinen
- Finnish grammar by Paunu Mäkinen of Yväskylä University - A short, informative presentation. It has a good section on adverbial stems.
- Kaarlo Voionmaan Suomen kielen harjoituksia - Exercises in Finnish
- National Board of Education - Online Course in Finnish
- YLE - Selko Uutiset - The News in Plain Finnish
- The Finnish Language by Jukka K. Korpela
- Learn Finnish with Sulkasiipi
- Joni Kärki: Finnish Language Lessons - Facebook - Flickr - Wikipedia
- Kotus Grammar - Finnish Grammar in Finnish
- Wikipedia - Finnish Language and Finnish Grammar
- Wikipedia - Ural-Altaic languages - My Hungarian friend has insisted that Mongolian is related to the Uralic languages. The hypothesis is a good one, but not within consensus anymore. On a related note, I used to think that Nokia was a Japanese company. Finnish words sound a lot like Japanese words. The consonants are similar and there are few fricatives. The syllabic rhythm is quite similar.
- Wiktionary - Requested Entries - A good place for analyzing Finnish words that are not in the dictionary.
- Wiktionary - Heyzeuss - Partitive verb case governance
- Wikibooks - Finnish Language for Foreigners - Object Case - I can do it!