How to make more comprehensive phrase book via Wiktionary. The idea is to collect phrases in foreign/English pair and than to use this together with other Wiktionary resources to train a user to master the phrases.
Under this approach a user will have at thier disposal
- a lexicon
- a grammar (via appendixes & Wikipedia initially)
- a phrase book encapsulating the spoken language.
- a system to self learn/practice the language.
This page explores a minimalist approach to simulate a Pimsluer type instruction session. This method uses spaced intervals (called micro intervals) to optimize learnig of forigen vocabulary and integrates vocabulary grammar and speaking into a single activity.
The term deck refers to either a deck of flash cards or to a data structure maintained by the ANKI software. Using a prototype phrase book and a GOOGLE TTS the bulk of the Text has been generated (100 MB of voice). Therefore the rest seems to require a far smaller effort.
Decks a re often used via Clauzing.
Auto Clauzing ProblemEdit
- This is the automatic creation of clauze from a sentences.
- A [...] is a sentence with marked gaps - A clauze is a sentence with marked gaps.
- A [...] is a sentence with marked [...] - more than one gap is allowed.
- A [...] (Clue1) is a sentence with marked [...] (Clue2) - clues can narrow the task of filling in the gaps.
- Clauzing produces a context into which words are inserted.
- It makes the recall of cards more natural than a lone word
- A \clauze\ could be generated from a \sentence\ - if it has a suitable markup
- A \clauze\clue\ could be generated from a \sentence\clue\ clues can be placed in as well.
- It is a superior method to train for grammar.
- However without markup Clauzing requires a grammar and a graph structure over the language
- OR a high level of human interaction.
- Clauzes give too much away.
- Requires user to read and type enter the missing words - not hands free.
- get a lesson script in the form of an hun/eng phrases book. macro-deck
- convert this into mini decks representing a 10-45 minute training seession.
- micro interval
Some required componentsEdit
- single word trainer
- hands free system
- instruction built in.
- assemble a micro-deck.
- if a phrase contains new words add them after the phrase
- micro deck script:
- listen to the: summary-conversation.
- each phrase script as
- sound the phrase. => add a recognize phrase card with a model: "you just heard " + new_word.hungarian + "which means " + new_word.English
- explain new words => add a new recognize card model: "you just heard " + new_word.hungarian + "which means " + new_word.English + ["this means literally" + new_word.litral_trans]
- teach new word -> incremental syllable break down from end add a new cards with a phonetic model: say: s_last, pause, s_last-1.s_last, pause s_last-2.s_last-1.s_last , pause etc.
- recall the word add a new card with a recall model: "how do you say" + new_word.English; pause, new_word.hungarian
- recall the phrase add a new card with a recall model: "how do you say" + new_word.English; +["this means literal" + new_word.literal_trans] + pause, new_word.hungarian