|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Haila! Eila! My name is Alex, though I am better known as Saiwalo Ausigaists, or as Teudogrima. I'm the director of the branch of the Gothic Revival Movement known as "Wistrawigs", as well as the co-founder of the "Geiseric Society", a society dedicated to the promotion of Vandalic studies and the reconstruction of the Vandalic language.
I live in the US in the Chicago area, but am originally from Guatemala, in Central America. I am a proud member of both the Guatemalan German and the K'iche' Maya minorities of Guatemala and wear those badges on my sleeve with pride. My Mother's side also is one of the few families in Guatemala to have maintained Judeo-Spanish (Ladino) as the native language of the house, preserving an otherwise lost link to a Sephardic heritage. I am a student of Germanic and Romance languages, with a foundational education in English and French languages. My passion, however, is East Germanic. I have been studying the Gothic language since I was 14 years old, and became involved in the Gothic Revival as a key member in 2019, and founded the Geiseric Society along with a fellow Vandalic enthusiast in the same year. Since then, I have been working tirelessly to promote these wonderful languages and give them a new life in the 21st century.
Aside from languages, I have an interest in Religions as well. Sufism, Gnosticism and Arian Christianity are big favorites of mine.
My work on Wikiontary is primarily concerned with working with Gothic and its overlooked and underappreciated sibling, Vandalic. I am currently working with a group to reconstruct as much of the Vandalic language as is possible.
My Resources for the reconstruction are as follows:
- Onesti, Nicoletta, Tracing the Language of the Vandals
- Shackleton Bailey, D.R., Anthologia Latina, I, 1. Libri Salmasiani aliorumque carmina, a cura
- Onesti, Nicoletta, Latin-Germanic Hybrid Names from Vandal Africa and related Problems, in: Proceedings of the 21st International Congress of Onomastic Sciences
- Wrede, Ferdinand, Über die Sprache der Wandalen
- Onesti, Nicoletta, The Language and names of the Vandals
- Snædal, Magnús, The "Vandal" Epigram
- Adams, J.N. The Regional Diversification of Latin
- Lewicki, Tadeusz, Une langue romane oubliée de l'Afrique du Nord. Observations d'un arabisant
- Wright, Joseph, Grammar of the Gothic Language
- Fanciullo, Franco, Un capitolo della Romania submersa: il latino africano
- Lehmann, Winfred, A Grammar of Proto-Germanic
- Kroonen, Guus, Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Germanic