Proper noun edit
- (slang, usually derogatory) A syncretic form of Asatru that incorporates Wiccan beliefs, practices, or elements.
- (slang, usually derogatory) A person who practices this form of Asatru.
- 2015, Jennifer Snook, American Heathens: The Politics of Identity in a Pagan Religious Movement, page 40:
- On a public Heathen discussion forum, one member posted a mocking description of “Wiccatru,” a derogatory term used by Heathens to refer to Heathenry that has been “tainted” by Wiccan or New Age influence. The Wiccatru, he writes, are “like, OMG [Oh My God], when we called the four quarters Freya showed up and said she was totally like, earth power, and stuff. Then we chanted over our crystals to Sif and had a Vegan lunch. Then, whoah, we went off to protest something The Establishment was doing.”
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:Wiccatru.