Wiktionary:Requested entries (Unknown language, CJK script)
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
- Check the Wiktionary:Criteria for inclusion if you are unsure if it belongs in the dictionary.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- Please indicate the gender(s) of nouns in languages that have them.
- For inflected languages, if you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc.) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc.) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- For words in languages that don’t use Latin script but are listed here only in their romanized form, please add the correct form in the native script.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- 古篆 -- used to refer to a version of the CJK script which provided some inspiration to the creation of Korean Hangul
- 聖文 -- "Shengwen", likely to be a placename in Taiwan. Also, 聖文森 is a part of 聖文森及格瑞那丁 (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines).
- 哥巴 -- found as 哥巴文 (Geba script).
- 𨫤 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 𩹄 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 𡚴 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 𧶛 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 𢘥 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 𠵇 -- one of the most common non-BMP characters on the Japanese Wikipedia
- 戴斯 -- found as 戴斯酒店 (Days Inn), this is probably just transcription.
- 老身 -- According to Baidu Baike, an elderly woman referring to herself.
- 阿米爸 -- amoeba? 阿米巴 already exists.
- 裙褂 Used in Cantonese
- 鴉烏婆 based on Cantonese folklore
- 䜂 -- a CJK ideograph that I can find no information on, what does this mean?