See also: wyandotte
- Alternative spelling of
1902, Robert B. Ross (ed.), History of the Knaggs family of Ohio and Michigan, retrieved 2013-07-22, page 12:
- As they approached Knaggs recognized among them Jack Brandy, a Wyandotte chief, and George Blue Jacket, a Shawnee chief.
Wyandotte (plural Wyandottes or Wyandotte)
- A member of the Wyandotte people.
- (plural always with "-s") A breed of poultry.
- The Wyandotte is the classic example of a fine breed which has been spoiled through over-concentration on eggs to the detriment of other characteristics. (See ref. p39.)
- 1962: C.Arthur Pearson. Pictorial Poultry-Keeping. Cox & Wyman Ltd (2nd ed.)