- absinthean (rare, especially when meaning 'pertaining to absinthe')
- Of the nature of wormwood.
- 1652, Thomas Randolph, Poems:
- Tempering absinthian bitterness with sweets
- Of or pertaining to absinthe.
- 1904, William Henry Rideing, How Tyson Came Home: A Story of England and America, page 70:
- The dim cavernous light depressed him, and the fish gaping and staring sluggishly in the tanks of absinthian green […]
- 1908, Charles Robert Richet, The Pros and cons of vivisection, page 16:
- The unfortunate dog will, dur- during ten minutes, have had an attack of intoxication and absinthian epilepsy ; but at the end of an hour he will have recovered completely.
- 1978, Thomas Merton, My Argument with the Gestapo: Autobiographical novel, page 227:
- The skinny shadows of symbolist poets, converts to Catholicism, linger in the absinthian green of the Boulevard trees.
- (?), quoted in the Review of Existential Psychology and Psychiatry (1990 and 1995):
- [...] in the dazed course of an absinthian stupor, [...]