See also: alley cat
alleycat (plural alleycats)
- Alternative form of
- 2012 June 29, Kevin Mitchell, “Roger Federer back from Wimbledon 2012 brink to beat Julien Benneteau”, in the Guardian:
- Having dropped just nine games in two matches – two short of Jimmy Connors's 1980 record– Federer was reduced to fighting like an alleycat.
- An informal bicycle race with checkpoints.
- 2008 March 9, Colin Moynihan, “Add Alleycat Races to List of Bike Messengers’ Risks”, in New York Times:
- There are also competitions called alleycats, in which bicyclists pick their own routes between a series of checkpoints where monitors stamp their paper manifests.