|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
- Category:English verb forms: English verbs that are conjugated to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English auxiliary verbs: English verbs that provide additional conjugations for other verbs.
- Category:English causative verbs: English verbs that express causing actions or states rather than performing or being them directly. Use this only for separate verbs: causative forms that are part of the inflection of verbs have their own category (see Category:Verb causative forms by language).
- Category:English control verbs: English verbs that take multiple arguments, one of which is another verb. One of the control verb's arguments is syntactically both an argument of the control verb and an argument of the other verb.
- Category:English copulative verbs: English verbs that may take adjectives as their complement.
- Category:English defective verbs: English verbs that lack one or more forms in their conjugations.
- Category:English ergative verbs: English verbs whose object may not be explicitly shown, because the explicit subject acts as object.
- Category:English frequentative verbs: English verbs that express repeated action.
- Category:English impersonal verbs: English verbs that do not indicate actions, occurrences or states of any specific grammatical subject.
- Category:English verbs by inflection type: English verbs organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:English intransitive verbs: English verbs that don't require any grammatical objects.
- Category:English phrasal verbs: English verbs accompanied by particles, such as prepositions and adverbs.
- Category:English transitive verbs: English verbs that indicate actions, occurrences or states directed to one or more grammatical objects.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► English verb forms (9 c, 45871 e)
- ► English auxiliary verbs (2 c, 13 e)
- ► English defective verbs (1 c, 22 e)
- ► English frequentative verbs (0 c, 4 e)
- ► English homographic denominal verbs (0 c, 1 e)
- ► English light verb constructions (0 c, 37 e)
- ► English phrasal verbs (46 c, 2171 e)
- ► English transitive verbs (0 c, 10831 e)
Pages in category "English verbs"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 31,793 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- abandon ship
- abandon to
- abide by
- abjure the realm
- abound in
- abound with
- about face
- about ship
- about turn
- abstract away
- abut on
- accept service
- account for
- account of
- account to
- accredit with