- (idiomatic, Australia) Beer.
2004, Ken Ewell, Voyages of Discovery: A Manly Adventure in the Lands Down Under, page 22:
- Fortunately, once in the beergarden with the good Doctor and a cold and frothy schooner of the amber nectar, everything fell into place.
- 2010, Neil Wilson, Mark Baker, Prague, Lonely Planet, page 180,
- The Czech lands have been famous for centuries for producing some of the finest amber nectar in the world.
2010, Russ Harris, Stand Up Strummer: A Tale of Sex, Love and Side-effects, page 216:
- After my spot has finished, I weave my way to the bar for a nice cool bottle of Stella, and as I'm swigging down the amber nectar, who should walk into the room but my newfound nemesis: Dave Doyle.
- 2010, Rob Maylor, SAS Sniper: The Rob Maylor Story, unnumbered page,
- This was one of our personal little wins over the army, and as soldiers do, we love to down a few amber nectars from time to time.