From English and.
- Eye dialect spelling of and.
- 1878, George T. Ferris, The Great German Composers:
- Veil, mein friendts, andt how vags the vorldt wid you, mein tdears?
- 1871, William Dean Howells, The March Family Trilogy, Complete:
- When the time gome dat dis iss a free gountry again, then I dake a bension again for my woundts; but I would sdarfe before I dake a bension now from a rebublic dat iss bought oap by monobolies, and ron by drusts and gompines, and railroadts andt oil gompanies."
- 1902, Frederick James Crowest, Musicians' wit, humour, & anecdote:
- […] I know not who I wouldt waitd for, over andt above mine oldt rival, Master Dom […] .
- Suggesting a German or similar accent.