- The trade of and practice of shaving and cutting hair.
- The trades of barbering and surgery have long been linked, as evidenced by the barber's red and white striped pole.
- After several days in the bush, he had grown lax with his barbering and needed a good shave before he was presentable again.
- (informal) The practice among pets of overgrooming each other, leaving bald patches.
- Group-housed B6 mice display barbering behavior, in which the dominant mouse in a cage selectively removes hair from its subordinate cage mates. Mice that have been barbered have large bald patches on their bodies, commonly around the head, snout, and shoulders
Declension of barbering
- barber c