- (imitating Irish accent) Eye dialect spelling of .
- 1872, Horatio Alger, Jr., Phil, The Fiddler:
- "Will you, thin?" demanded Pat. "Thin the sooner you do it the betther.
- 1904, Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond), The Magnetic North:
- An' whin ye've been at it an hour ye'll find it goes betther wid a little blasphemin';" and he gave his end of the saw to the reluctant Potts.
- 1921, Mary Grant Bruce, (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- "'Tis the soldiers have betther treatment than the officers whin it comes to boardin' transports," said the friendly policeman.