- The state or quality of being binding.
- 2006, Karl Ameriks, Reinhold: Letters on the Kantian Philosophy, page 164:
- The philosophers of the first group, who believe that they have discovered the determining ground of moral bindingness in the drive for pleasure, quarrel with each other about the manner in which this ground is present in that drive […]
- 2013, Larry A. DiMatteo, Qi Zhou, Severine Saintier, Commercial Contract Law: Transatlantic Perspectives (page 9)
- The contract drafter can mask the bindingness of the contract and manipulate consumer behavior through design.