- Prejudice based on the appearance of someone's body
- 2007, Vermeulen, Stephanie, “Survival of the Prettiest”, in Kill the Princess, Seal Press, →ISBN, page 93:
- Politically, nothing is a more powerful distraction from the female conscience than focusing on bodyism.
- 2012, Heller, Daniel, “Kindness”, in Curriculum on the Edge of Survival, R&L Education, →ISBN, page 52:
- When do we cease to be a collection of many different beauties and become a bunch of “isms” instead, such as ageism, sexism, racism, bodyism, and on and on? We can make positive attitudes the underpinning of our classrooms.