See also: book lover and booklover
book-lover (plural book-lovers)
- Alternative form of book lover.
- 1887, “Reviews”, in The Antiquary: A Magazine Devoted to the Study of the Past, volume XV, London: Elliot Stock, […]; New York, N.Y.: David G. Francis, […], section “Book Prices Current. No. 1. […]”, page 183, column 2:
- But for book-lovers, and those who delight to read catalogues and such-like records of book-history, it will, if we mistake not, prove to be a source of unfailing interest.
- 1999 October, Robert Hood, “Going to the Library”, in Scouting, page 46:
- The library, whether it be on a dirt road or a superhighway, is a congenial home for book-lovers.