- According to, or as a matter of, definition.
- This property holds for all polygons; and since, by definition, all triangles are polygons, it holds for all triangles.
- Necessarily; always; certainly.
- Almost by definition, a conversation requires both parties to accept each other's viewpoints to some extent.
- (as a matter of definition): basically, deep down, essentially; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (necessarily): inevitably, inexorably, unavoidably
- by definition at OneLook Dictionary Search