- cabbeling (oceanography)
- (oceanography) Alternative form of .
- (dated) Secret plotting.
- 1810, Daniel Horsmanden, The New York Conspiracy:
- And lastly, the examinant saith, that from the beginning of these conversations with the said Mary Burton, about these plottings and caballings between the Hughsons and the negroes […]
- Thomas Longueville, The Curious Case of Lady Purbeck:
- In all these negotiations, and caballings, and intriguings, the person most concerned, Frances Coke, the beauty and the heiress, was only the ball in the game.