- champiun, chaumpiun, champyon, champion, schaumpion, schampyon, chaumpiun, kampyoun, chaunpyoun
- (from Old Northern French) kampyoun, caumpiun
- IPA(key): /tʃampiˈuːn/, /tʃamˈpjuːn/, /tʃau̯mpiˈuːn/, /ˈtʃampjun/
- (from Old Northern French) IPA(key): /kampiˈuːn/
champioun (plural champiouns)
- A sportsperson who utilises brute strength; a martial artist.
- A combatant or soldier; especially referring to a one who fights alone.
- A guardian or safeguarder; one who provides safety or security.
- A promoter or evangelist of a cause or belief.
- A winner; one who emerges victorious from a challenge.
- (rare) A representative appointed to fight in place of another.
- (rare) A security officer.
- English: champion
- Scots: champion