See also: chicken-liver
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see chicken, liver.
- (slang) A coward.
- 2013, Andrea K. Vizenor, The Dragon Prince, →ISBN, page 48:
- This is Rob's home too, you chicken liver!
- 2005, A State of Mind, My Story →ISBN, page 26:
- The boys were becoming irritable and fistfights broke out. Between shouted threats and name calling — "turkey breath"; "frog face"; "stupid turd"; "just try ... I dare you, chicken liver" — I had come to the conclusion that prison life was not working for the inmates […]
- 2014, Peggy Hoge, Rusty Zipper: Seventeenth of the Prairie Preacher Series →ISBN:
- “Show yourselves, you chicken livers.” He repeatedly yelled tauntingly into the Zipper's megaphone. “Come, they will be dying soon. Are you just going to watch? Come, save them. It is their only chance.”