- A variety of squash with dark green skin mottled by lighter green or yellow.
- 2008, Russ Parsons, How to Pick a Peach: The Search for Flavor from Farm to Table, →ISBN:
- Cocozelle, which are mostly grown in Italy, are longer and thinner than zucchini and slightly bulbous at the flower end.
- 2011, Lawrence D. Hills, Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables, →ISBN:
- There are smaller marrows, the French courgettes, and the Italian cocozelles, also the 'Vegetable Spaghetti', but these are eaten small and immature, often cooked by recipes of the 'wrap in bacon, place a clove of garlic in the middle, soak in wine overnight then fry in butter and season with red peppers before serving with brandy sauce' type.