- The process of coining money.
- (uncountable) Coins taken collectively; currency.
- (uncountable, lexicography) The creation of new words, neologizing.
- 2018, James Lambert, “A multitude of ‘lishes’: The nomenclature of hybridity”, in English World-Wide, page 13:
- Caution needs to be exercised in regards to claims of coinage as the data contained a number of examples of writers professing the invention of a term that had actually been in existence for many years.
- (countable, lexicography) Something which has been made or invented, especially a coined word; a neologism.
- The process of creating something new.
process of coining money
currency — see currency
neologizing — see neologize
neologism — see neologism