- travel between home and workplace
- 2010, Richard Mabey, Weeds: The Story of Outlaw Plants, page 140:
- The poet Geoffrey Grigson added an atmospheric 1950s gloss on these bizarre commutings [of seeds]: 'between Swindon and London you may see them often enough during the summer, the sunlight through the carriage window catching them as they float about in the thin smoke of cigarettes'.
- (Philippines) travel by public transportation such as by jeepney
commuting (not comparable)
- Causing, or involved in commutation