- Marked by cruelness or cruelty
- 1993, Harish Yadav, Incredible But True:
- Hayber was rewarded for his services in the most cruelsome manner. He was shot dead.
- 2008, David J. Emmick, Defending the Wilderness:
- Two days out of every three, the prisoners were guarded by a gang of ignorant and cruelsome Negroes.
- 2010, Sybille Frank, Silke Steets, Stadium Worlds: Football, Space and the Built Environment:
- While there may be production-specific reasons for the decision not to make use of the stadium environment as a film setting – as the authentic site of its cruelsome misappropriation as a refugee camp and later as a slaughtering place – [...]
- 2013, Stephen B. Oladipo, Vision 20 2020 & The Menace of Vandalism:
- Whereas, such activities parade cruelsome consequences on the nation's socio-political and economic development quest.