cunabula pl (plural only)
- The earliest abode; original dwelling place; originals.
- the cunabula of the human race
- The extant copies of the first or earliest printed books, or of such as were printed in the 15th century.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for cunabula in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- cunabula in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- cunabula in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- cunabula in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français [Illustrated Latin-French Dictionary], Hachette