See also: cute-hoorism
- (Ireland) Cunning, trickery, cleverness, especially in negative sense: finagling, cynical self-interest.
- 2007, McGrath & O'Malley, Irish Political Studies Reader, page 7:
- Some of the articles in this volume point to a culture of individusalism and ‘cute hoorism’ – where people try to get the political system to work for their own individual desires rather than for broad policy changes.
- 2010, Irish Times, 21 Aug 2010:
- On a positive note, the Rechthaberei culture has bred a society of remarkable, dogged fairness – the opposite of cute hoorism.