- (slang) A person with poor judgment and taste.
- Stocks Genius or Dot-Com Doofus? – Wired News
- Danny is such a doofus!
- 1998, Ann Rule, In the Name of Love, in In the Name of Love and Other True Cases: Ann Rule's Crime Files Volume 4, page 185,
- Nichols had called Bonilla a doofus who was too damn stupid to realize that he was being taken by a hooker with a convincing sob story.
- Even if Steve was a doofus, Nichols and Rand were quite willing to work for him as long as he had money.
- 2000, Roger L. Welsch, Love, Sex and Tractors, page 16,
- They weren't excited about acquiring new information; they were relieved to find out they aren't the only doofuses (or maybe the word is "doofi") in the world of rusty machinery.
- 2005 October 17, Kevin Amorin, Mewsday, quoted in 2007, Troth Wells, T-Shirt, page 14,
- Being too young to attend a show on Bowie's 1983 Serious Moonlight tour, I did what any underage doofus would do. I bought a concert T-shirt – three-quarter-length blue sleeves, image of Major Tom himself on the front.
- 2009, B. K. Holway, When Jack Was with Us, page 115,
- "I never seen so many doofuses in one place!"
- "That's doofi, Krakauer. Sorry to correct you."
- 2014, G. Richard Bozarth, Bible Tales for Ages 18 and Up, page 219,
- "No problem. You get a bimbo babe who's engaged to a doofus who will fall for the virgin birth line and still marry her. […] However, I don't think a doofus fiancé will be hard to find; there's no shortage of doofuses on the earth."