- (of a collection of items) Arranged such that each end of a given item is adjacent to one end of a different item.
- We lay the bricks end-to-end in one long line.
- From one end to the other.
- The end-to-end trip takes about forty minutes.
- (soccer) Smoothly alternating between attacking and defensive plays.
2011 February 1, Saj Chowdhury, “Sunderland 2 - 4 Chelsea”, in BBC:
- But rather than the end-to-end action of the first half, much of the entertainment took place in the Sunderland third.