escarmouche (plural escarmouches)
From Middle French escarmuche, from Old French escharmuche (“skirmish”), from Old Italian scaramuccia (“skirmish”), from Lombardic *skirmjan or Frankish *skirmijan, from Proto-Germanic *skirmijaną (“to shelter”), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)ker- (“to cut”). Cognate with Old High German skirmen, scirmen (“to shield, defend, protect”), skirm (“shade, protection”). More at skirmish, screen.
escarmouche f (plural escarmouches)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of