From Middle English festlich, equivalent to feast + -ly. Compare Dutch feestelijk (“festive”), German festlich (“festive, solemn”), Danish and Swedish festlig (“festive, solemn”).
feastly (comparative feastlier or more feastly, superlative feastliest or most feastly)
- Wont to or fond of festive occasions.
- 2003, Institute for Central European Studies (Universitatea "Babeș-Bolyai"), Colloquia: journal of Central European history:
- Royal entrances not only provide for feast and, implicitly, collective feastly behaviour but they themselves are feasts equivalent with the ordinary feasts on the agenda of a particular place.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a feast; festive.
- 1994, University of British Columbia. Dept. of Creative Writing, Prism international:
- So my old man, he says Lord thank you for this feastly grub that the relatives worked so hard for [...]