filtering (plural filterings)
- The process of passing something through a filter.
- Something that passes through a filter.
- 1819, Abraham Rees, The Cyclopædia:
- the filterings from the subsoils
- 2006, Christopher Rush, To Travel Hopefully, page 146:
- Waking up in Langogne in a dim dawn, I felt in a strange sort of way more at home than I'd been for a long time in my own sadly altered version of home, even a year on from her death – especially in the first filterings of daylight […]
passing something through a filter
filtrate — see filtrate