fingernailful (plural not attested)
- (rare) Enough to be stored under one's fingernail.
- 1952, Meredith Willson, Who did what to Fedalia?, page 27:
- He hurried up the back stairs with the hot water, scooping up a fingernailful of frost off the window in the back hall where there wasn't any register.
- 1987, William Diehl, Thai horse, page 307:
- He scraped up a fingernailful and, holding it to a nostril, slowly inhaled it. He waited for another minute or two for it to take effect, then he scraped up another fingernailful and put it in his mouth and tasted it.
- 2011, Stella Duffy, Singling Out The Couples
- Timing in the offered fingernailful of cocaine, well cut and loose dropped into the hollow between my collarbones.