See also: fit-up
Audio (AU) (file)
- (criminology, slang) Conspire to incriminate falsely a presumably innocent person.
- The gun was placed in her car in an effort to fit her up.
- To furnish with suitable things; to prepare; to fit out.
- to fit up a room for a guest
- The shoemaker will fit you up with a fine pair of boots.
- (obsolete) To create a set or performance venue; to make a venue ready for a performance.
- We will finish fitting up the stage by the time the show starts.
- (conspire to incriminate): frame
cause a person to appear guilty