- A person carrying a standard or flag, usually at sporting events and parades, previously on the battlefield.
- (business) A transportation company, such as a shipping or airline company, that is registered in a given state
- (politics) A strong supporter of a cause, or perhaps the strongest and most visible supporter of said cause.
- "Bill was the flag carrier of the movement to improve inner city education."
- A national airline (typically having the flag, or other national insignia, on the tail)
- (military, nautical) An aircraft carrier serving as a flagship